What Can I Do Instead of Vaccination? The Do Something Plan*
Many of the diseases that vaccination are said to eliminate are themselves harmful, therefore a do nothing plan may also be harmful. Divine power to protect from disease must be combined with human effort. “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.” Exodus 15:26
The Do-Something Plan
*Note: Study for yourself, this is not meant to be exhaustive resource.
1. The best defense is a good offense. Keep up and boost your immune system by following the eight natural remedies.—Fresh air, exercise, water, rest, temperance, diet/nutrition, sunshine, Trust in God
2. Thorough hand washing is one of the best ways to avoid many diseases.
3. Use proper hygiene—Solid human waste should always be buried. Premises should be kept clean and medical utensils should always be sterilized.
4. To minimize risks when traveling abroad-- Boil tap water or drink only “safe” beverages like bottled water. Avoid raw meat, seafood and unpasteurized dairy products. Wash and peel fresh vegetables and fruits yourself with boiled water. Don’t drink beverages with ice.
5. Protect yourself from mosquito bites –pay special attention to mosquito protection between dusk and dawn, wear long-sleeved, long pants or leggings under your skirt and a hat, frequently apply natural insect repellent. Dr. Tenpenny recommends Natural Mosquito repellant made by Royal Neem.
6. It should be noted that, as a general rule, total vegetarians who eat a balanced diet, fair better that the common population with many infectious diseases.
7. Extra vitamin C, garlic or grapefruit seed extract in flu seasons, etc. will boost the immune system.
8. Tetanus may be prevented by proper wound care. See article “What about tetanus?”
9. Typhoid is often caused by contaminated food and drink when traveling abroad. Raw garlic is a must for typhoid patients. Activated Charcoal may also be helpful.
10. Polio is said to have been treated successfully with “Kenney packs” or hydrotherapy. In Australia “Nurse Kenney applied hot packs to polio patient (covering parts, or all of their bodies) and eliminated polio with few or no after effects.”(Natural Remedies Encyclopedia, Polio, page 482)
11. Pertusis/Whooping Cough- Our family lived through 4 cases of the whooping cough. In the 3 older children, it didn’t even slow them down. Our baby was somewhere around 3-4 months at the time. He would “whoop” till he turned blue, but you could rush him outside to the fresh air and he would immediately stop whooping and be just fine. We also gave him red clover tea.
12. Mumps – Take two parts of garlic and 1 part onion, chop or grate and mix in hot flaxseed tea and charcoal powder. Mix until a thick paste and apply to swollen neck and glands. You may also grate or chop garlic and onion and mix in hot tea and drink. When my son, who is a total vegetarian, got the mumps, he didn’t even stop playing for a day his symptoms were so mild—only the tell-tale swollen cheek.
13. Scarlet Fever—Dr. George Wood states, “I can cure 49 out of every 50 cases of scarlet fever with lemon and gum arabic. At the beginning of the attack place the child in bed, giving it to drink some lemonade with gum arabic- one half teaspoon of the gum to a glass of lemonade. Cover the abdomen with dry flannel then wrap the child in a woolen blanket wrung out of hot water, put a dry blanket on top; then add sufficient covering to increase perspiration. In some cases, this is quickly induced by placing hot water bags outside outer blanket. After one hour of perspiration, during which time lemonade and gum arabic has been given freely to drink, the child should be wiped dry and made comfortable as to amount of clothing. Lemon juice tends to remove deposits which form in the inner part of the mouth.”
14. Diphtheria—“The throat should be gargled, with the juice [lemon] every hour or two, and at the same time, from half to a full teaspoonful swallowed. This cuts loose the false membrane in the throat and permits it to come out.” Dr. Wood
15. Measles and Rubella (German measles) and Chicken Pox—Provide nutritional support especially Vitamins A and C (ie. Carrot juice and lemons). Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest. Garlic and ginger as well as fomentations to the chest and cold mitten frictions may also be helpful. For rashes oatmeal baths or baking soda baths may be helpful. Perhaps chicken pox is for those who eat chickens. My children, who are total vegetarian, often get very mild cases. They only had two or three pox.